G Suite for Education
G Suite for Education (formally Google Apps for Education) is a set of online software applications which can also be enabled for offline use, offering much more than just a replacement for the Microsoft Office suite familiar to Windows users.
Designed especially for education, this software suite is key to the highly acclaimed advancements in the learning environment offered by a Chromebook solution and is already used by over 30 million students and teachers worldwide. In addition to the Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar and Google Drive applications, which can be accessed online through personal Google accounts, G Suite for Education includes Google Sites, the elegantly simple website design app, along with the innovative Google Classroom tools:
- Create and collect assignments: Classroom weaves together Google Docs, Drive and Gmail to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly. They can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback to individual students.
- Improve class communications: Teachers can make announcements, ask questions and comment with students, in real time, improving communication inside and outside of class.
- Stay organised: Classroom automatically creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student. Students can easily see what’s due on their Assignments page.
You can also find many other useful apps for downloaded through the Educational Appstore.
G Suite for Education is free and is already used by over 30 million students and teachers worldwide.
Applications can be accessed on or offline through their Google accounts. G Suite for Education includes the innovative Google Classroom tool, as well as each of these key additional benefits:
- The accounts are created and owned by the school, therefore each school has the ability to determine which features will be available to each of the students
- G Suite for Education is branded by your school (you can upload your own logo and the emails are linked to your school domain, i.e. email@example.com)
- Each account now provides genuine, unlimited email and cloud storage
- Users do not see any advertising within the apps or on Google searches whilst logged in to their Google Education accounts
- You can also integrate these apps with your school’s Learning Management System